Dr. Rudy Fichtenbaum, National AAUP President and Professor at Wright State University, will speak at CSU to help dedicate our new Center for the Study of Academic Labor. This will be part of a two-day event in which Scott Clifthorne, AAUP Northwest Regional Coordinator, will give a training session and hands-on experience at organizing and recruitment, to kick off a recruitment drive over recent issues at our regional schools:
HB14-1154 Equal Pay bill
- Link to the text of the bill, its current status, and how your representatives have voted (use links at top of document)
- 3/9/2014: Don Eron’s op-ed piece in the Boulder Daily Camera. Don is on the executive committee of the Colorado Conference of the AAUP.
- 3/7/2014: Steve Mumme’s op-ed piece in the Coloradoan. Steve is Co-President of the Colorado Conference of the AAUP.
- 2/3/2014: Rudy Fichtenbaum’s testimony before the Colorado House State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee. The bill cleared the committee by a vote of 7-4 later that day.
- Related: PBS piece on the plight of adjunct faculty
Recent Events at CSU-Pueblo
- Feb. 4: The CSU-Fort Collins Faculty Council passes a resolution on the Tim McGettigan case.
- Jan. 22: Inside Higher Ed article on the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education’s letter condemning removal of Tim McGettigan’s email account
- Jan. 20: Inside Higher Ed article on CSU’s revocation of CSU-Pueblo Professor Tim McGettigan’s campus email account
- CSU Pueblo establishes Budget Central page
Patti Adler case
- Jan. 9: Patti Adler returns to teach course on deviance at C.U. Boulder
- December 29: CU-Boulder Chapter of the AAUP Issues Statement on the University of Colorado’s Treatment of Professor Patricia Adler
- December 20: National AAUP’s Statement on the University of Colorado’s Treatment of Professor Patricia Adler
- December 18: AAUP Colorado Conference condemns University of Colorado’s handling of Patti Adler case
- Dec. 16: C.U. Boulder Professor Patti Adler says she is being forced out over lecture on prostitution
Mid-Semester Student Feedback offers an opportunity for instructors to engage students in a constructive discussion of course strengths, concerns and possible improvements while there is still time to consider changes.
Contact TILT for more information, for scheduling someone to facilitate a feedback session for you, or for some training to conduct your own session. Email or call Dr. Debora Colbert: Debora.Colbert@Colostate.edu or 491-2645.